Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh NO! There's no wipes!

I can't tell you how many times I have the diaper off, baby's legs held up, poop everywhere and I reach for a wipe but (gasp!) I forgot to "make" some up. All I have are dry wipes which don't work nearly as well as those soaked in wipe solution. So after many frustrating diaper changes in which I had to send my husband to wet a paper towel and bring it to me I found a solution.

Yes, a spray bottle. Keep a spray bottle by your changing station with some wipes solution in it. In circumstances that there are no wipes made you can spray the solution onto your baby's bottom and use a dry wipe to clean up.

This shouldn't be a permanent solution. Most babies do not like being sprayed. It's cold. But it will work when your in a tight spot between a dirty diaper and a naked baby.

4 comments:

  1. This is what I've always done. Keep spray bottle with water and couple drops of baby soap in it at the changing table. I spray the wipe, not the baby's bottom. Super easy.

    I'm confused at how you're used to doing it. What do you keep the wipes in to keep them wet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment was from me - forget Conor was signed into his account :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep the wipes in a wipe container. I buy wipes in a plastic container from the store and put the disposable wipes in a ziploc bag and use the container for my cloth wipes folded in half. You only need to buy one container and use it over and over again. I've had the same container since my baby was born.

    To wet the wipes I submerse my wipes in my wipes solution (1T baby soap, 1T grapeseed oil or an oil of your choice, 1C water, a few drops essential oil) then wring them out so they are wet but not soaking. Then I store them in the container and keep by the changing table. I have found they stay pretty moist for about 5 days. At that point the top few start to dry. I personally think it works better than the spray bottle method but it does take a few minutes to "make" your wipes. I have found that the wipes container hold enough cloth wipes for about 2-3 days before I need to refill.

    I have a post on my wipes solution under the 'Do It Yourself' label titled "Reusable Cloth Wipes Solution"

    I hope I've answered your question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I understand now. I think I'll stick to the way I do it....seems easier.

    ReplyDelete