Sunday, September 23, 2012

Go With Your Gusset!

With two kids in cloth and a bit of a spending problem, I have tried out TONS of different brands of diapers. Some are not even worth talking about. They are my ran-out-of-clean-diapers-haven't-done-laundry-have no-other-choice diapers. But some are amazing. I love my FuzziBunz diapers because they have great durability but tend to leak pee at the legs a bit. I love my Bum Genius diapers for their snug fit and large pocket for larger inserts but they too have their issues.

But what diapers do I grab for bedtime or for an outing? The ones with double gussets! Double gussets give a second line of elastic around the legs to contain messes. And they do a great job! I feel much more secure when my son is wearing a diaper with double gussets. It is much less likely that poop will start exploding out of the legs of the diaper. There are two types of double gussets: internal, which is made from the inside fabric, and external, which is made from the PUL or outside fabric.

This is Rumperooz diaper,my personal favorite, with an internal double gusset.


This is a thirties pocket diaper with outer, external double gussets.


 Here is a list of other diapers that I know of that have double gussets. Please comment and let me know if there are any that I am missing.

  • Thirsties covers and pockets diapers
  • Rumparooz covers and diapers
  • Organic Caboose One-Size Diaper and Cover In-One
  • BestBottoms covers
  • Blissful Booty diapers
  • Tiny Tush diapers
  • Alva diapers (some styles)
  • GoGreen Champ 2.0
  • Bummis covers - Super Brite only
  • Prowraps covers
  • Mini Kiwi diapers
  • Blueberry covers (not diapers)
  • Weehuggers covers
  • Capri covers

No comments:

Post a Comment