Friday, September 24, 2010

Reuseable Cloth Wipes Solution

If your using cloth wipes you'll need to keep them in a solution so they can clean well just like the disposable wipes. Here is a recipe for the solution:
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Baby Oil (I know some people out there don't like the smell of olive oil)
  • 1 Tablespoon Baby Wash (I would recommend going the natural or organic route with the wash. My personal favorite is Dr. Bronner's Unscented Baby-Mild Pure Castile Soap)
  • 2 Drops Essential Oil for Scent (I use lavender as it soothes diaper rash as well)
Mix contents together and soak your wipes in it. Wring out your wipes until they are damp to wet but not soaking. Store in a closed container to keep moist. 

I make a large amount of solution all at once so I don't have to make a new batch every time I make up wipes. I keep the solution in a large glass container (it used to be a glass milk jug) in my pantry.

I really like using cloth wipes and this solution. It does take a little more time than just buying the disposable kind but it saves me money and I think these wipes do a much better job. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment